Junior Friends of Glen Carbon Library Meeting September 9th, 2015 – 6:30pm
– Harry Potter Wizard Training Camp
– Library Ninja Program
– Drop-in Email at Beginning of the Week, or we can set up a weekly, biweekly, whatever schedule
– Saturday September 12 1 pm
– Duct Tape Pens, Bottlecap Magnets, and Chalkboard Signs
4H Spin Club – Info meeting Saturday at 1pm as well
Harry Potter Program
– Things to be done:
– Marauder’s Map of Stations, “Diploma” for completing Wizard Training Camp, paint wands, paint house and Hogwarts crests, make example house bracelets, make hanging candles, make dementor, signs for each station, make dementor, make photo booth items, me Hogwarts letters
– Email Jessalyn at with one you would like to do when you next volunteer!
FOL Silent Auction Tree
– Decorate to match Summer Reading Theme: Read for the Win! (Summer Olympics)
– Gold Leaf Laurel for Top, melted crayon ornaments, summer sports ornaments, Olympic ring ornments
Painting Canvases for Study Room
– What does the library mean to you? (Besides just books)
– reading, studying, drawing, making, creating, playing,
– Think of a word to describe what the library means to you (like the ones above) and email Jessalyn with your idea and plan for the canvas! We will set up a time for you to come in and paint.
– Wednesday October 14th 6:30 pm
– Frozen in Time
Activity: Recommendation Book Display!
– Choose a book from the Teen Section and write 1-2 sentences about why someone else should read the book!